- Master’s degree or higher and a major in the field of English or related field
- Minimum of two years teaching in a high school setting
Direct Report: Academic Dean
For each teaching position, Father Ryan seeks a person of faith who is creative, enthusiastic, well-versed in the core subject area and current pedagogy. The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills; an ability and desire to work collaboratively; a familiarity with technologies standard in the educational profession. All teaching positions have the following responsibilities attached to them. Candidates should expect to have extra-curricular duties assigned to them, as well, and should include areas in which they could moderate clubs or coach.
The responsibilities of the classroom teacher include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accepts and supports the values and principles of Catholic education within the mission of the Church, in an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and integrity. The person does not have to be a Catholic; however, a person who practices his/her own faith is important.
- Directs and evaluates the learning experiences of students in curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities.
- Provides students with appropriate academic guidance that will promote their proper educational welfare.
- Cooperates and participates in the planning and the evaluation of the school program.
- Follows the school curriculum guides and diocesan mandates for curriculum.
- Takes part in the professional development program of the school.
- Maintains cordial relationships with colleagues.
- Follows the ethics of the profession.
- Assist in general school supervision.
- Creates a classroom environment that recognizes and respects the value of each student, while exercising appropriate classroom management.
- Works in partnership with parents in the ongoing process of educating their child.
- Acts as an effective Mentor Group Leader and member of the House System.
- Comply with policies and procedures published in the Father Ryan Faculty/Staff Handbook.
To apply to work at Father Ryan, please email the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of introduction
- List of minimum of three references and contact information