The Diocese of Nashville Catholic Schools Office (CSO) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools. This is a regular full-time position providing all necessary organizational and clerical support to the Superintendent of Schools and the associated diocesan boards, councils, and committees. The CSO is in the Catholic Pastoral Center in the Donelson neighborhood of Nashville. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours of the Catholic Pastoral Center. This position will require travel throughout Middle Tennessee and occasional attendance at evening meetings.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendar of Superintendent of Schools.
- Schedules and coordinates staff and other meetings; ensures materials are prepared.
- Monitors progress and timelines of the SOS’s guiding plans (Strategic Plan, Ministry Plan, and System Improvement Plan).
- Coordinates the operations for CSO council and board meetings, takes minutes, reports documents to members, and maintains historical records for each group.
- Manages travel for the Superintendent of Schools.
- Prepares communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence.
- Writes and edits documents, including letters, reports, agendas, minutes, and presentations.
- Creates and maintains filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Assists with event planning; coordinates CSO meeting set-up, hospitality, and materials.
- Manages the SEVIS (Student Exchange Program) for the diocese.
- Annually notifies applicable schools of need to file the Tennessee Asbestos Hazardous Emergency Response Act(TAHERA) report, requesting copy for Catholic Schools Office.
- Ensures that annual Non-Discrimination ad is featured in the Tennessee Register in the “back to school” issue.
- Maintains an organized, tidy office space, ensures supplies are maintained.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as Administrative Assistant to senior management
- Action oriented.
- Communicates effectively.
- Manages complexity.
- Decision quality.
- Plans and aligns.