St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Birmingham, Alabama is currently seeking a full-time Pastoral Associate. St. Francis Xavier is a large suburban parish serving over 1200 families with a diverse population, including English and Spanish speaking parishioners. The Pastoral Associate will oversee the following ministries:
1. Adult Education Coordinator
- Support for PSR, Youth Ministry, and Nursery
- Teach or coordinate teaching of weekly Adult Education classes.
- Coordinate small groups at SFX (Men’s group, Women’s group, Altar Sodality)
2. Coordinator of Volunteers
- Recruiting and support of volunteers for committees, St Vincent de Paul Society, Hospitality committee, Flowers and Plants, etc.
- Developing new ministries for volunteers and promoting active involvement of parishioners in parish life.
3. Advisor and Liaison for the Pastoral Council
- Serve as Ex-Officio member of the Pastoral Council.
- Work with Pastoral Council officers to set agenda, review minutes, follow-up on prior PC recommendations.
4. Member of the RCIA Team
Work with the RCIA Director to plan teaching schedule, liturgies, and review the needs of catechumens and candidates.
5. Coordinator and Support of Parish Events
Arranging Staff Meeting agendas and support of staff members as they carry out new items assigned to them.
6. Assisting Parishioners
Help advise parishioners who seek practical or spiritual advice. This may involve referring them to a priest, deacon, religious sister, or spiritual director.
- Catholic in good standing
- Masters in Theology or equivalent