Saint Matthew Catholic Church, located in Franklin, TN, is a growing parish with a talented and energetic staff serving approximately 1,200 families and a 480 student school (Pre-K through 8th grade). We are seeking a Pastoral Associate. This position is full-time.
The Pastoral Associate is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to the Pastor in order to ensure effective and efficient liturgical operations of the Church.
• Manage the liturgical schedule and activities of the Pastor.
• Recruit, coordinate and maintain schedules for Mass Ministers and Altar Servers for all Masses (weekend and daily) and other Special Liturgical services to include wedding, funeral, baptisms and Holy Days.
• Schedule and assist pastor with training of lectors, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, altar servers, and ushers/hospitality ministers.
• Ensure the Sacristy is staffed with supplies including wine, hosts, candles and incense.
• Order and care for Altar Flowers.
• Prepare Universal Prayer (Prayer of the Faithful) for all Masses.
• Coordinate with DRE and school office for liturgical events (school Masses, penance services, RCIA, First Communion, Confirmation, May Crowning and graduation).
• Coordinate with the Directors of Music Ministry and IT for any liturgical needs.
This position will work as the lead for the following ministries:
• Art & Environment – assist and coordinate preparing the Church for liturgical seasons
• Martha Ministry – assist and train volunteers to help maintain the Liturgical clothing and Altar linens
• Liturgy Guild Ministry – assist with sacramental / special liturgies (weddings and funerals)
• Bereavement Ministry – assist and prepare for the Commemoration for the Faithful Departed Mass
• Homebound Ministry – schedule and assist with coordinating homebound visits
• This position will assist with the following Ministerial Services by serving as the contact person, coordinating with the facilities coordinator for facility needs and set up, preparing liturgy readings and Universal Prayers, scheduling preparation classes and scheduling with volunteers as needed:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 to 5 years of experience with project management
• Thorough knowledge of the Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church preferably with previous experience working in a Roman Catholic Parish
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with excellent benefits package.
Please email resume with cover letter indicating salary history to: email@example.com