This position is responsible for organizing and conducting the logistics for our diocesan campus ministries as well as assisting directing the intellectual, apostolic, and human formation programs for students at all Diocesan University Catholic sites and for supporting the spiritual formation programs. The Assistant Director assists, directs, and supports student participation and programming of the University Catholic ministries. The Assistant Director assists in the budgeting associated with these programs and associated fundraising responsibilities. This position is in Cookeville Tennessee and will serve as Assistant Director for University Catholic Ministry at Tennessee Tech Campus. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Sponsor for student Intellectual Dimension group.
- Connects existing graduate and professional groups among the schools and Diocese.
- Recruit speakers for events, retreats, and conferences.
- Sponsor for student Apostolic Dimension group.
- Develops apostolic formation plan.
- Serves as an intermediary leader for University Catholic to FOCUS.
- Develops and maintains relationships with service sites.
- Helps develop mission opportunities at spring break and other times.
- Sponsor for student Human Dimension group.
- Supports, sponsors, and directs the University Catholic Student All Board.
- Directs and supports Sunday Suppers, student programming, and setup volunteers.
- Ensures compliance with Diocesan and University policies for student events, programs, and trips.
- Assists, directs, and plans student retreats and logistics for retreats.
- Assists Diocesan Director and Chaplains in spiritual formation and sacramental events.
- Assists Diocesan Director and Chaplains with student Spiritual Dimension group.
Budget and Operations
- Creates, Maintains, and Directs yearly calendar and logistical Details for upcoming dates.
- Oversees development and maintenance of budgets for all student activities.
- Oversee maintenance and budget for University Catholic throughout the Diocese.
- Assists Diocesan Director and Chaplains by meeting with donors.
- Develops fundraising programs, data, and outreach.
- Develops alumni contacts and events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, Education, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in Catholic campus ministry, particularly in directing student leaders.
- Experience in organizing successful student events and trips.
- Experience in fundraising/development.
- Attracts Top Talent
- Directs Work
- Drives Engagement
- Optimizes Work Processes