The Coordinator for Youth and Young Adult Ministry works with the Assistant Director in the Office of Faith Formation to facilitate the development of youth and young adult ministries in the schools and parishes of the Diocese of Nashville. The Coordinator helps to organize and implement the programmatic efforts of the Office of Faith Formation as well as assist with the relational ministry to our youth and those who serve them. By accompanying our youth and providing them with experiences to live out their faith, the Coordinator for Youth and Young Adult exemplifies and furthers the mission of the Diocese of Nashville: Living and Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, Welcoming All.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Works under the direction of the Assistant Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministry to organize and manage various Diocesan-level retreats and initiatives including but not limited to logistics and transportation, content creation, lodging, catering, marketing, scheduling, ensuring Safe Environment compliance, and coordinating with affiliated adult and/or student volunteer leaders.
- SEARCH (11th/12th grade retreat modeled after Cursillo)
- NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference for 9th-12th graders across the country)
- Youth Leadership Workshop (Summer Leadership Workshop for 11th/12th graders)
- World Youth Day
- Rosary Walk for Life
- Theology on Tap
- Other events as needed
- Aids the Assistant Director in deepening relationships with the schools and youth groups throughout the Diocese of Nashville by attending their various events (retreats, School Masses, luncheons, extracurricular activities, youth nights, etc.).
- Helps coordinate larger initiatives of the Office of Faith Formation.
- SEALED confirmation retreat.
- Holy Fire
- Pro-Life and Human Dignity Pilgrimage
- Maintains and represents office when Assistant Director is off-site.
- Communicates and promotes events through social media, email, and on-site visits.
- Monitors social media and responds to questions/comments through Instagram, Google Voice, GroupMe, and email.
- Helps manage the monthly budget for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry branch of the Office of Faith Formation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Assistant Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries and the Director of the Office of Faith Formation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in youth ministry or related ministries.
- Bachelor's degree in Theology or related field is preferred.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Active parish involvement.
- Knowledge of Church doctrine and practice.
- Articulate written and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Established evangelical fervor and catechetical strength.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer programs, web-based software, and social media platforms.
- Ability to travel frequently to off-site events and to work on evenings and weekends.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.