The Diocese of Owensboro has a job opportunity for a Director of Communications. This position is located at the McRaith Catholic Center in Owensboro, KY. The Diocese encompasses 78 parishes and 17 schools in western Kentucky.
Position Summary: The Director of Communications guides the communications of the Diocese of Owensboro, which is to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Minimum of Bachelors in communications, public relations, mass media, marketing, journalism or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in one or combination of the following: broadcast public affairs, broadcast news, newspaper editing and reporting; non for profit community relations, public sector advertising and public relations, video production, desktop. publishing, special event communication coordination and facilitation
- Comfortable with various forms of electronic communications (e.g., email newsletters, social media, web etc.)
- Familiar with audio or visual alternatives
- Familiar with design software
- Excellent communications skills, including writing, public speaking, and presentations
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills, must be a self-starter and be well organized, must be a team player
- Be able to travel and be available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Demonstrate the mission, teachings, and structures of the Roman Catholic Church
- Successfully complete a criminal history and background check
The Diocese of Owensboro is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.